I didn’t write this. I found it online some time ago, and I don’t remember where I found it or who originally wrote it. I thought it was such great shopping advice and such a great attitude toward shopping that I copied it down into a notebook.
- I will forego every piece of fashion “advice” I have been given beforehand.
- I will consider, order and try on clothes that I like, not which I believe will fit.
- I will consider, order and try on clothes that may not necessarily “suit” me.
- I will consider, order, and try on clothes that may not necessarily be my size.
- I will not purchase clothes that make me feel self-conscious or uncomfortable emotionally.
- I will not purchase clothes as an incentive to change my body in any way.
- I will no longer ignore stores that I believe don’t cater to me.
- I will take a trusted friend if I feel self-conscious going into a shop.
- I will decide to purchase clothing based on my confidence level when wearing them.
- I will dress for my own needs and happiness.
- I will figure out my style for myself.